Eligible students are high schoolers in the Class of 2018 who:
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Tested in the 90th percentile on the PSAT/NMSQT (Math and Critical Reading combined score of 1270), SAT (Math and Critical Reading combined score of 1340) or ACT (composite score of 28)
- Have an annual family income of less than $80,000 (ask a parent/guardian if you aren’t sure about your family’s annual income)
If you don’t think you meet our eligibility requirements, check out the detailed college planning resources we’ve created with Khan Academy instead. If you think you might qualify but you haven’t taken a standardized test yet, register for the SAT or the ACT now and get back in touch with us after you’ve received your score!
About CollegePoint Advising
CollegePoint will match students with an advisor who will provide personalized college application and financial aid support entirely for free. Our advisors are:
- Current college students or recent college grads from top schools like Amherst, Stanford, the University of Michigan, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and Yale
- People from all different backgrounds and from all different parts of the country
- From one of our partner organizations: College Advising Corps, College Possible, Matriculate
, and ScholarMatch.
- First-hand experience applying to and getting into top-performing colleges in the US
- Extensive training so they’ll be able to provide detailed info on what colleges will be the best match and fit—meaning schools that meet students’ academic, financial and personal needs
They’ll help with:
- Creating a college list and introducing students to great colleges they may not have considered
- Writing a personal statement
- Accessing financial aid and searching for scholarships
- Talking with students about what it’s like to leave home and live in a dorm
- Answering any college application questions that are stressing students out
Frequently Asked Questions
I already know where I want to go to college. Can CollegePoint advising still help me?
Definitely! Picking a college is just one step on the path to college. Once you’ve narrowed down your college list, our advisors can help you work on your application materials and talk you through the financial aid and scholarship process.
I have a great counselor in my school/community. Can I work with a CollegePoint advisor, too?
Yes, CollegePoint advisors can be an additional resource for you!
Is this a scholarship opportunity?
Nope, but your advisor can help you find scholarship programs.
Why do you need so much information when I register?
To learn more about you and double check that you’re eligible for advising. But don’t worry, all of your information is private—we won’t sell it or share it with any other party.
Can I make a change on my form after I’ve submitted it?
Sure. To make changes to your submitted form, please email email@example.com.
*Normal text messaging fees may apply, depending on your cellular plan.